Helping You Become Fearless About Food Sensitivities
Hey! I’m Erica…
A wife, working mom and lover of veggies. I believe we are what we eat. The food-body connection is powerful, and daily food choices matter.
I didn’t always love veggies or know much about the food-body connection. In fact, for a long time, I ate like crap! My diet consisted of mostly sugary foods and tons of coffee. No wonder I struggled daily to manage my digestive issues. I did everything to try and feel better; traditional nutritional counseling, detoxes, fad diets, prescription and over the counter remedies. All failed to provide long-term relief. I was soooooo frustrated and not pleasant to be around! Doctor after doctor, medication after medication…nothing seemed to work.Why did I feel so bad? There had to be an answer.
In 2008, I was cruising the net and read about gluten sensitivity. After trying a million other “diets”, why not give gluten free a try. It turns out gluten is my food trigger and holy crap what a difference! I felt like a rockstar after just two weeks. Oh yea, I was back! My family and I have never looked back. My husband and two kids have marked this moment in time…pre-gluten Mommy and post-gluten Mommy. The difference is remarkable.
Finding my food trigger and understanding what it does to my body made a profound difference for my family and me.My journey has been amazing, and I am passionate about helping others improve their lives through identifying their own food triggers. So much so that I went back to school and got a degree in Nutrition.
I received my training as a Holistic Health Coach from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition. During my training, I studied over 100 dietary theories, practical lifestyle management techniques, and innovative coaching methods with some of the world’s top health and wellness experts.
This combined with my real-life, on-the-job training of figuring out how to apply what I learned about nutrition has made me the go-to resource for dealing with food sensitivities. Over the years I have received frequent calls from friends, family and co-workers asking for suggestions on healthy eating and food sensitivities. Who knew I’d become the person that talks about healthy eating all day long!
As a result, my programs focus on the powerful food-body connection to identify foods triggering your discomfort. Using the principle of bio-individuality, together we will identify foods that are right for YOUR body.
My philosophy in coaching (and life) is KISS – Keep It Simple Sweetie. I have yet to meet someone who isn’t busy, especially with kids. So simple is best. I follow a few principles in life that have worked for over 20 years and share with my clients.
Ninety/ten: 90% of the time eat super clean, the other 10% be free to eat whatever. Make an educated, empowered eating decision and OWN it. Then return to the 90% plan.
Organic: The quality of the food we eat matters…period. Toxins, hormones, pesticides..it matters.
Water: Drink water! At least 64 oz daily. The body needs it and I guarantee you aren’t getting enough during the day. Many issues will simply go away with proper hydration. Try it…I dare you!
So, are you ready to feel like a rockstar?
If you’re serious about making changes, once and for all, let’s talk. Schedule your 30-minute consultation and let’s see if I can help.